In partnership with Breyers…If there is one motto I live by it’s “everything in moderation.” I truly believe that life is all about give and take whether it’s with relationships, work or food. I always believe in the 80/20 rule as well. So what does that mean? It means that 80% of the time I stay on my routine and 20% I reward myself a bit. So what does this look like in my life?
- I workout 4-5 days a week either hiking, cycling class, yoga or cardio pilates
- I drink 8-10 glasses of water/tea
- I do a nighttime skincare routine complete with organic oils
- Clean eating maxing out my daily allowance of whole fruits, vegetables and organic meats
- Sleep 7-8 hours a night
- Skip a workout to meet up with a girlfriend or take some time for myself
- Sneak a juice in instead of a water
- Skip my nighttime routine and do a little Netflix and chill a little longer than I should
- Treat myself with some Mint Chip Breyers Delights because I want to. Why not reward myself with a little ice cream at the end of a long day of “mom-ing” it up or after a hard workout without feeling guilty while still satisfying my “treat” tooth, right?!?
Did I mention that I can reward myself with Breyers Delights without guilt because each pint has 20g of protein and between 260-320 calories? Talk about a win/win right?!?!
At the end of the day, life is about finding your own unique balance. That balance can change from day to day but the point is that you have to find joy in your balance. While it is good to have a routine that keeps you on a very straight health and wellness path, you also have to treat and reward yourself from time to time otherwise at some point you will fall of the wagon and once you do it can be quite difficult to get back on. So from my perspective, stay on your plan 80% of the time and also really enjoy the 20% as well.