Did someone say…Homemade Chocolate Nut Butter Cups 💕🍫💕…yes please! I have always been a fan of chocolate peanut butter cups and there are definitely some brands I like more than others but it never dawned on me that you could make them at home. So my girlfriend and her daughter made some the other day and said it was easy so we found a recipe and made our normal tweaks because we only have whats in our pantry to work with. It was super fun, super messy and super awesome to make with my son.
What you need:
2 cups Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Almond or Peanut Butter or other preferred nut butter
4 tbsp Confectioners Sugar
Splash of Oat Milk (if you are not using a creamy nut butter)
How to Make it:
1. Melt 1c of Chocolate Chips in the microwave for 1 min and stir after
2. Put muffin in muffin pan
3. Place 1/2tbsp of chocolate in each liner and place in freezer for 10 min
4. Meanwhile take almond butter, oat milk and confectioners sugar and mix well. Add touch of salt if you butter does not have any
5. Add this to your frozen chocolate
6. Microwave second cup of chocolate chips for 1 min and stir well
7. Add chocolate on top of nut butter layer (we added a touch of fresh ground salt to some and sprinkles to others) and place back in freezer for at least 10 min. The longer they stay in the freezer, the less messy to eat.
And they are ready to EAT!!!