On September 16th, I headed over to Westwood for the World Premiere of the latest of the Lego franchise movies, Ninjago. As a fan of the original Lego movie and my son of the Lego Batman movie, we could not have been more excited to check out the next in the franchise. I was intrigued to see this movie because many of the movie sponsored events I had been invited to had yoga or Nin-yoga as an element. As a yoga fan, I could not wait to see how a sense of “zen” would be incorporated into the movie not to mention that the amazing Jackie Chan would be lending his voice as well.
The red carpet, or more accurately the green carpet, was packed so many Lego movie and Ninjago show fans. I got the chance to chat with:
Interview with Dan & George from the band The Fold who wrote the theme song for the TV show and the song makes a cameo in the film:
Interview with Chris McKay producer of the movie:
Thoughts on the movie:
- Overall: LOVED it…after all it was Jackie Chan (Master Wu) and Ninjas!
- Loved the theme of staying on the right path, it may take longer but ultimately it is more peaceful
- It was much more of a “zen” experience in the theater opposed to Lego Batman that was a very loud and fast action packed movie
- Meow-ma was the cutest enemy there ever could be
- The theme of family was HUGE! Kids always want to feel loved and validated by their parents
- Good triumphs evil
- In our opinion, there was little to no violence
Out to theaters this weekend starting September 22nd to see LEGO NINJAGO!