I found a recipe on Pinterest and then changed it up a little bit but I have been wanting to make homemade gummies so I figured St Patrick’s Day was the perfect holiday to try it out. The first batch we made was a little too gummy so we adjusted the gelatin to make it a little firmer and easier to press the shapes out of the dummies. Also use unsweetened applesauce otherwise it gets a tad too sweet.
What you need:
1 1/2 cups Applesauce (unsweetened)
2 1/4 cups sugar
2 packs of Lime Jello
4 packs of Gelatin
Shamrock Cookie Cutters
How to make it:
- Put all the ingredients into a pot on medium heat
- Once it boils wait one minute and take it off the heat
- Pour into parchment paper lined baking pan
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm
- Lightly dust top with sugar
- Take out of refrigerator and use cookie cutter to make a shape
- Roll gummy in sugar and taste test!